PhoneGap is an amazing and widely used cross-platform technology used to design robust Mobile Application Development. It allows the developers to develop applications that run effortlessly on multiple mobile platforms like Android, iOS, Windows and many more. Developers use it for developing cost-effective app projects. The single code base can create multiple versions of an app.
Here are some of its amazing features
- Open Source: While adopting the PhoneGap framework, you get the best for free. The community of PhoneGap compiles new codes and modules that are absolutely free because of its Open Source License.
- Robust Backend: PhoneGap has a strong and robust backend system that immensely speeds up the development process and reduces the efforts of the developers. The beginner’s guide significantly contributes to speeding the process further.
With all these super amazing features, PhoneGap has become a great framework for mobile app development. Let’s see some of its advantages –
- Compatible on all platforms: When apps are developed for multiple platforms, a high level of uniformity can be maintained. PhoneGap eradicates the differences in the app’s look and feel when viewed on distinct platforms. Single code base can be used to create apps for Android, iOS, Mobile Web and Windows Phone.
- Two Fold Benefits: The developers gain a lot, as they have to spend less effort and develop an app that will work across all mobile platforms. The enterprises gain as the app is prepared and ready to hit the market in minimalistic time. Also, one can create hybrid apps to save development time and efforts. Hybrid is the best technology to launch a minimal viable product to quickly figure out that how the market reacts on a certain app.
- Tapping into the device’s hardware: One of the splendid things about this framework is that it taps into the device’s hardware such as the geolocation, camera, accelerometer and many others. With this, the apps developed on PhoneGap can simple simply make use of the properties of the native resources of the device, without compromising on the User Experience. PhoneGap can be the best technology to support those apps which do not need heavy usage of native features of an OS.