The Government of Maharashtra is the government of the state of Maharashtra, India. It is a democratically elected government with 288 MLAs elected to the legislative assembly for a 5-year term. Maharashtra has its own Legislature which consists of two Houses, the Vidhan Sabha and the Vidhan Parishad. As is the case in a parliamentary system, the government is formed by the party, alliance, or group of assembly members who command the majority in the Lower House. The lower House majority leader becomes the Chief Minister and selects the cabinet members from both Houses.
The goal of the Maharashtra State Government was to come up with a platform to help farmers directly sell their crops/ commodities at fair prices without the involvement of a third party. They wanted us to build a mobile application along with a dynamic website that will allow farmers to keep a track of the daily change in prices, laws, arrivals, etc. Available in two languages Marathi and English the platform also provides Horticulture training to keep the farmers updated.
Digital Transformation, Mobility
- The problems faced by farmers:
- Frequent changes in the price of the crops/ commodities
- Inefficient distribution chains
- Lack of direct link between the buyer and the seller
- Lack of knowledge how to sell their produce at fair prices with middle-men
Talk to our experts to avail best-in-class Digital Transformation Solutions.
- ‘MSAMB – Agriculture Marketing App’ is one of the pioneering mobile data-driven applications providing a ‘one-stop-shop information portal for the daily commodity prices with access to other agriculture-related content
- The data relating to the commodity is fetched real-time using web services and third-party API’s
- The app is power-packed with dynamic features and functionalities, available in two languages English and Marathi
- The solution also included a dynamic website that was in sync with the mobile application and was translated into both the languages
Real-time commodity price information
Horticulture Training Courses
Allows users to maintain and manage their profile
KPM Magazine to keep track of agriculture or government news
Feature to talk directly with the buyer/ seller
Updates on various Government schemes
Feedback/ complaint management
Provision to submit quotes online
Experts at KCS added profiles & objectives in the MSAMB app. We also integrated Daily arrivals & prices of Agriculture commodities being traded at APMCs in the State. We also gave a Login facility for all APMCs in the State with a unique username & password. Our experts integrated the Mechanism of Data entry for daily arrivals & prices of Agriculture Commodities at APMCs. Using this app, the user will get the Facility to view APMC, commodity-wise reports & daily data entry status reports of APMCs.
- Efficient market information provision proved as a positive benefit for farmers
- Through the app and informative web services, the ability to provide feature-rich services is reflected in the organization’s strategic efforts to seek opportunities for a broader level of engagement with progressive farmers
- The MSAMB app was launched representing a strategic direction for the organization with a future outlook for updates
- The app has shown significant success with over 10,000+ downloads since its launch and with 4.5 reviews on the Google Play store
- Feedback from the Maharashtra government was excellent after the launch. They had launched it on a grand scale even inviting KCS team members to the government function