The client is Asia’s largest Civil Hospital serving more than 3000 outpatients per day with a capacity of 2000 beds. The client wanted to reform the existing appointment, health scheme, doctor calendar, and various other important sections and want to adopt a mobility solution for the entire system.
The client approached KCS to help them design and develop an intuitive mobile app to streamline various hospital management tasks.
Mobility, digital transformation
While navigating through the situation, we have found that the client is experiencing various challenges under the manual system. These challenges emerged as project implementation impediments for us as well. Here are the challenges:
- The patients had to follow long queues for simply booking an appointment
- The hospital is so huge that the patients had difficulty in finding various departments
- Lack of a proper medium to display service offerings and various schemes
- Timely access to specialists was a strain due to the lack of information
- Absence of a platform to simplify patient’s operations to save their time and efforts
- The doctor calendar was not accessible to patients that generate chaos sometimes in getting appointments
Talk to our experts and get mobility solutions from the industry’s best.
In order to bridge the gap between healthcare providers and patients, the app was an initiative by the Civil Hospital to enhance their patient experience. The app automated the manual booking process; helped patients with in-detail information about the specialists associated with the hospital as well as improved the quality of care & internal operations. Our part of the solution included:
- Way Findings: This is the special feature that would help patients to locate various departments and ways within the hospital. Users can precisely view the location of any particular department of the hospital through a map saving their precious time
- Health Schemes: The app allows the users to get up-to-date information and updates about all the health schemes like Rashtriya Swathiya Bima Yojana, Janani Shishu Surakhsha Karyakram, Mukhyamantri Amrutam Vaatsalya Yojana, and so on
- Doctor Calendar: The users can simply find a list of specialists and the available doctors on the app while looking for an appointment. Along with this, they can also know about the doctor’s calendar which would tell about their availability on the particular day and time and thus can proceed for booking
- Appointment Scheduler: Users can seamlessly book free appointments at their fingertips with this mobile app which thus provides relief from the long and tiring schedule of appointment booking
Integration of all government welfare schemes
Calendar integration to check the doctors’ availability
As a part of the solution, we designed and developed an intuitive mobile app for better patient engagement. The app renders a new dimension to healthcare with its distinct features ranging from booking appointments to calling various departments, to exploring hospital maps. The overall solution helped in better hospital management of such a large government hospital.
- The solution helped the client in seamlessly managing such a huge load of 300 plus OPDs per day
- The patients now can simply book their appointments without even physically visiting the hospital
- Also, the app enables the user to find a list of specialists and their availability makes it easy for them to book their appointments
- The hospital map allows the client to find various departments easily at their fingertips
- The patients could easily get insights and updates about distinct hospital schemes, blood donation, and daily health tips and contact the hospital and various departments
Talk to our experts and avail digital transformation services.