Desi Gabbar is an e-commerce website selling South East Asian grocery, spices, health & beauty and organic products in the USA. The company has been supplying the highest quality products to retail and wholesale customers for the last many years. With a vast variety of products; the website never leaves a chance to lure customers through its south Asian commodities. Also, the user-friendliness of the website encourages more and more users to avail themselves of their services. Within a few years of its establishment, Desi Gabbar had won popularity amongst its customers and now has acquired a long clientele list.
The company was in the dire need of a solution that could resolve many server-related problems including the descending uptime. Hence, they contacted KCS to migrate their e-commerce over Amazon Web Services.
Retail / FMCG
Cloud, Amazon Web Services
- Desi Gabbar was a very popular website amongst South Asians and people fond of South Asian commodities residing in the US
- The company was handling its operations through the traditional hosting server, which was somehow convenient at the beginning
- But, as the business gained popularity amongst the clients it started getting huge traffic especially during peak hours like weekends, public holidays and usually at night when users are more tend to use an online shopping portal
- Amid the situation, it became difficult to handle the visitor squall and as a result, the site started experiencing longer downtime
- As it was a shopping portal accepting payment through online mode, the client’s data security also started to threaten the owner
- The traditional hosting was prone to hacking hence it keeps the business at a risk always
- There was partial root access to the website as it was hosted on the shared hosting server
- Taking account of all these challenges there was a prerequisite of such a system that could overcome all, especially in consideration with rapid business popularity
Leverage our cloud migration services and empower your online business.
Why Amazon Web Services?
Stuck at the situation, the client was looking for a robust solution that could trounce the challenges. The client contacted Krish Compusoft Services. KCS is an AWS Select Consulting partner. Analyzing the client’s business scenario, KCS suggested migrating the server into the cloud. Being the partner KCS was well aware that Amazon web services can handle the challenges the client was facing right from managing the server load during peak time to securing customer’s data and to complete root access to the website. Acknowledging the partner’s suggestion Desi Gabbar decided to migrate the website from traditional hosting to cloud and was flabbergasted with the end results. The partner used Amazon EC2 which allowed the business to quickly add server capacity for managing the spike in traffic. Apart from this, it was also easy to scale back when the peak period is over. The process of easy scaling of the website using Amazon EC2 could even be automated means the site always had the adequate capabilities to meet the demands. Amazon RDS (Relational Database Service) was also used for the process that helped the client in choosing the right resources and scaling them easily whenever required. It endowed the client cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching and backups. Also, it helped Desi Gabbar to easily create backups automatically (even independently) and store them in a different region in the S3 basket to which there is restricted access that guarantees that the data is secure and nobody can suddenly delete the data. The partner also used Amazon Simple Storage Service S3 to house downloadable products like images and also to store product images or videos. Collectively services from Amazon Web Services worked as a boon for the business which escalated their uptime that eventually increased their customers and thus revenue.
Easy management of server load
Enhanced server capacity
The hunt for the best hosting partner of Desi Gabbar came to an end when Amazon Web Services Select consulting partner KCS suggested going for the services. As the prime considerations of the client were traffic load management and affordability, AWS overcame both these challenges very smoothly. Amazon EC2 helped the client in escalating server uptime on the other hand the Amazon RDS helped in database creation & patching. Apart from this, there are many other benefits which the client experienced like:
- Using Amazon Web Services, the client experienced server uptime that helped in managing the traffic especially during peak time
- It was simple to set up, run and scale a relational cloud database with Amazon RDS. Also, it bestowed the client with cost-efficient and resizable capacity while automating time-consuming administration tasks such as hardware provisioning, database setup, patching and backups
- Backing up the important data became easy and convenient for the client as Amazon Web Services provided a server backup process that provided them with both automated and on-demand backups that worked as an essential component of store management and disaster response strategies
- Amazon Web Services supported the problem-free integration of several native and third-party tools used for the smooth functioning of the website and business, like performance measurement tools, email marketing, and social media management tools and CRM (Customer Relationship Management)
- With Amazon Web Services the client now only pays for the services used with no extra charges. This thus has simplified the billing cycle and allowed the client to remain viable during the downtime
Our experts are here to resolve all your concerns.