The client is one of the twenty Indian institutions of management. Presently, the client’s institution is located within the campus of VNIT Nagpur till it moves to its own campus (of approx. 135 acres) at MIHAN, Nagpur. The institute’s curriculum has been designed by experts from the field of management education. The institute encourages its people to explore their entrepreneurial ambitions and provide the required support and guidance to the students.
IIM Nagpur desired a new user-friendly website along with an integrated intranet portal for ease of collaboration, free-flow of communication among all the stakeholders, sharing of knowledge, results, and other important documents across the network and enhancing the structure & accessibility of the user content.
Cloud, Digital Transformation, IT Infrastructure
Initially, the client was utilizing an outdated method of handling information, document management, communicating with students, faculties and others, and so on. But, with each passing, the client started facing an increasing number of challenges that correctively slow down institute efficiency.
- Lack of a centralized solution for efficient communication and information distribution
- The Manual/ Traditional method was quite cumbersome
- The current website was aesthetically dated and a rebrand of the whole website was required to better reflect the brand and values
- The client found it difficult to engage with their alumni communities’ right from collecting data to organizing it, to engage them in a meaningful way
- Students were unable to get an up-to-date timetable
- Multiple login processes were a time-consuming process for the client
- Managing data and documentation manually was a challenge for the client
The client wanted to have one core hub for students and staff to use to make it feel like they were in one system rather than several different systems. We provided them with a complete customized Intranet solution that served as a common gateway to communicate the information to the students, faculty, and staff uses every day. It helped them in the following ways:
- The client is able to manage and distribute information, critical data & documents, and daily tasks effortlessly
- As the solution is available online, it allows a client to access any information from anywhere in the world at any given time
- Reduced administration and publishing time and cost of the client
- Replaced hierarchical bureaucracy with socially-linked collaboration
- The solution is efficient, eliminates duplication and the headache of multiple logins
- It streamlined and accelerated daily administrative tasks and extranet access
- A solution also contains a chart, employee directory, and student profiles
Access from Anywhere
Role-Based Access Rights
Anti-Hacking and Secured Portal
Before starting the work for IIM Nagpur, KCS had submitted a tender. After thorough discussions and meetings, KCS bagged the prestigious project by winning against several other top-rated solution providers. The main requirement of the client was to provide them with a website and an Intranet solution that was STQC – Standardization Testing and Quality Certification compliant.
- The integrated intranet solution provided really helped them enhance communication, enrich collaboration, improve productivity, increase transparency, and better employee engagement
- The powerful, feature-packed Intranet portal gave them more freedom to systematically organize their work in a single space and perform daily tasks smoothly
- The reduction of email from the work environment gave management time for more productive tasks