Since 1987, the client is leading full-service software development and consulting providing bespoke app development, search engine optimization, website design, and social media creation and management services. In order to deliver the best software development services in the industry, the client has hired a team of highly qualified software architects, programmers, designers, business analysts, and QA testers. All of these works together and bill at a blended rate for all the tasks towards a project.
The client reached KCS with an idea to transform their old legacy system into a digital ERP system. They also wanted to keep the UI/UX of the new ERP system as same as their old desktop application.
- Initially, the client was using a desktop application in order to manage their ERP system
- The old system was outdated and had issues such as slow loading time and difficulty in managing huge amounts of data
- The old desktop application was written in old technology, hence it lacked the latest features and functionality
- The design of the old system was sluggish and needed a revamp
- The users often get lost in the old system as all the information was displayed in a scattered way
- There was no option of real-time notification that prompted users with up-to-date information about an order or an item
- The old system lacked a payment gateway that secures all the financial transactions that are happening on it
- The database in the new ERP system was made of outdated technology which gave hard-time to the client in managing the inventory
- The reports generated by the new ERP system was not showing 100% accurate data
- As the new ERP system was developed using the old and outdated technology, the client was not able to launch it as a product
After thoroughly analyzing every aspect of the client’s old desktop application and the new ERP system, we decided to upgrade it using the latest technologies. Experts at KCS developed a powerful web application that completely removed all the roadblocks that the client was facing earlier. Here are some of the solutions that we offered to the client:
- We classified the entire web application into two main parts: customers/vendors
- After taking control of the new ERP system, experts at KCS made a lot of core-level changes and completely modified the overall structure of the same
- As the code in the new ERP system was written in outdated technology, we replaced it with the latest one
- The web application will also prompt vendors and customers with real-time notifications about the orders or items
- The system is also capable of generating different types of reports
- In our solution, we also offered the client a simplified account section that helped them in generating invoices and handle all the accounts related operations smoothly
- Our experts also integrated Quick Books payment gateway in order to secure the financial transaction in the web application
A new ERP system
Quick Books payment gateway integration
Simplified account section
Experts at KCS built a powerful web application that completely revamped the client’s old desktop application. In the development process, we used Vue.js, Bootstrap, and HTML in order to make the web application user-friendly. The Signal R integration helped the new ERP system in providing real-time notification to both vendors as well as customers. With the Fast Report library, the client can easily generate reports and make informed decisions out of them. The MS SQL helped the client to secure its sensitive data, added an extra layer of security to the database, and simplified the store management processes. We also integrated the Quick Book payment gateway to secure the transaction in the new ERP system.
- Our solutions made a huge impact on the client’s new ERP system. Even though it is still under the testing mode, the system is showing stable results to the client
- Currently, the new ERP system is handling 10000 vendors and customers and is capable of managing more
- The client’s employees are testing the new ERP system and are quite satisfied with the results
- Soon, the client is planning to launch this web application as Product as a Service
Talk to our experts and upgrade it with A New ERP System.