Our client is a leading petroleum and petrochemical service-based company located in the USA. It can perform a wide range of analyses on a multitude of products including biofuel, petroleum, petrochemical, and agricultural commodities.
To manage the training process of a huge workforce of almost 5000 staff across the globe, the company approached KCS to develop a training module.
Energy & Utilities
Tech Consulting, Product Engineering
- The client wanted to scale the current eDOC on office 365 for training to the users at various locations
- The training module was highly manual
- Training question template was the available physical form
- There was a physical pen and paper exam for which keeping records was a challenging task
- While taking the internal exams of employees it was difficult to maintain the random exam sets
- The result of the exam was to be published from the department head’s side which was unnecessarily increasing the burden
- There was a time limit to take the test
Reach us to get a powerful training module.
- The purpose of this module is to facilitate online training for the end-users
- The trainer will manage the content and tests at eDOC
- The trainee will take the test at eDOC
- We integrated the new training module in the eDoc. Hence, the current eDOC permission mechanism applied to the training module users
- We created a training material library where the trainer can upload the training document. Trainers have full rights to this library
- View Only Rights for this library was provided to all employees through the “HSE Read Only” Permission Template
- All Training documents were visible to every user regardless of the tests taken. However, the user will be able to take up the test only if he has passed a previous related test
- We developed one relationship between the training document and the test for the document. This means that the test questions were specific to one document only
- We removed the time limit for taking the test. Users will be able to submit partial test answers and can also come back and resume the test later
- The test will be only available if the test status is set to “Active” and the training material has the number of questions required for the Test based on the configuration
Easy content management
Complete access to content
Submit partial test answers and resume the test later
Upon understanding the client’s need, we suggested going for SharePoint Online services for the requirement. We developed a training and testing module for the client that made it easy both for the management and staff to collaborate for the training session, give the test hassle-free at own comfort level, and eradicated the paper load of the department.
- As the client did not have any previous system for testing management, our automated solution helped the client to streamline the training and testing work
- It is more than two years since the client is using the module successfully and has successfully adapted to the change in the system
We are just one email away.