Torrent Power Limited is an India-based company engaged in electricity generation, distribution, and transmission. Currently, the company operates in the states like Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Gujarat. Torrent Power Limited is the sole distributor of electricity to customers in the cities like Ahmedabad, Agra, Bhiwandi, Gandhinagar, Kanpur, and Surat.
The client wanted to streamline their interaction process and reinforce their commitment to delivering high-quality service. The idea was to build a mobile app to help customers register no-power complaints directly without having to reach the call center. They also wanted to digitize bill payments so that customers can avoid long queues and pay bills instantly on the go as well as help their residential and industrial customers manage electricity usage hassle-free just in one click.
Power & Utility
Mobility, Digital Transformation
- Managing more than 3 million customers through call centers had become a challenge
- Lack of direct access to the “No Power Response Team”
- Lack of dynamic platform to streamline interaction and simplify operations
- Lack of automation to manage manual processes including bimonthly billing & services
- Traditional management processes and physical call centers were expensive
- Managing Mobile Vans to collect payments across the city was a time-consuming process and expensive
Talk to our experts.
- Registering Complaints and Paying bills is an unpleasant experience for customers. Torrent Power wanted to change this image by digitizing its entire range of services
- Torrent Power Connect App and Web Portal is a one-of-its-kind utility application in the country providing seamless online experience to customers in the digital era
- An extension to its existing self-service portal, Torrent enabled customers to gain direct access to its “No Power Response Team” through a robust, user-friendly mobile application
- Customers can now easily register power supply related complaints, make instant bill payments, get real-time service notifications and track nearby customer centers and mobile vans
- Additional, TPL also tied up with various new online payment platforms to offer attractive discount schemes and thus encourage a transition from physical to online bill payments
Online instant bill payments
No-Power complaint registration
Real-time service notifications
GPS tracking of customer centers & mobile vans
Application status updates
Online meter reading
Report theft easily
While the app carries all the instant service-related features for the on the go facility, the Web Portal hosts all its application processing services. Both platforms were put together to simplify the interactions and help Torrent deliver high-quality services. The app also helps customers find technicians if they are facing any power supply issues. The online meter reading feature helped users keep track of their daily energy usage. This promoted energy conservation and improved reliability.
- Being one of the leading brands in the Indian power sector, TPL wanted to harness the power of smartphone penetration in the entire country with a mobile app that can help their users use their services on the go hassle-free
- The Mobile and Web application solution provided by us was power-packed with all the required features and functionalities that clients needed to digitally transform their service offerings
- The Android & iOS solution was the first of its kind utility app in the country. It is available in both iOS and Google Play Stores
- With a 4.4 rating, more than 5, 00,000 users are using the application currently
- With constant updates, the app is now Faster, Simpler, and Better, offering unparalleled convenience