Since 1983, the client is running a non-profit institute guiding people across various states of India in the entrepreneurship field. Moreover, the institute is sponsored by both governments as well as private financial organizations. In order to spread awareness and enhance the words frontier of entrepreneurship research, the client has established a Center for Research in Entrepreneurship Education and Development (CREED) to inspect various issues faced by the small and medium enterprise sector and build a network of researchers and trainers for conducting seminars and sessions on entrepreneurship education and research.
In order to spread awareness among small and medium organizations, the partner has established 12 state-level entrepreneurship development centres and institutes. Moreover, they also offer hostel facilities for students, staff, and guests to stay for a short period of time. The client approached us to digitize their entire hostel management system.
Education, Hospitality & Leisure
Cloud, Digital Transformation
Earlier, the client was using an outdated application; hence, a client encountered several challenges, and some of them are stated below:
- The client’s existing system was highly manual that involved a lot of paperwork and calculation and therefore may be erroneous. This has led to inconsistency and inaccuracy in data maintenance
- The client’s manual system was sluggish and consumed a lot of time that caused inconvenience to the director, wardens, students, and staff
- The client was facing hardships in maintaining the data because of its manual nature
- As the data was stored manually, it became difficult for the wardens to keep track of room availability
- For admission, guests had to personally visit the hostel and contact wardens for room availability, and ask for permission to organize an event in the institute's hostel premises
Contact us to get a world-class digital solution.
Experts at KCS reviewed the client’s current situation and their project goal to digitize the entire hostel management system. We reached a conclusion to build a web application that can streamline various operations of the client’s business. An intuitive and user-friendly web app was the optimum solution for the client's need for the digital transformation of their hostel management system.
- The automated hotel management system has lessened the paperwork and calculation activity of the client
- Because data is kept in a database that can be recovered at any time and on any machine, data loss is no longer a concern
- The system made it easy for the client to track the availability of the rooms
- The student can apply for the leave online and track the status of the same
- The system allows students to submit complaints online regarding housekeeping and inventory management and directly inform the admin without any communication gap
- The offered solution enables the client to simply control all aspects of the room, students, and personnel
Automated Management System
Real-Time Tracking Feature
Experts at KCS developed a feature-rich and powerful web application that automated various operations of the client’s hostel management. In the development process, we used modern and cutting-edge technologies like MVC.Net, to give a seamless user experience and maintaining the traffic flow on the web application. The MS SQL integration revolutionized the way the client handled the data. It also helped the client to get real-time insights about the hostels.
The digital transformation of the client’s hostel management system ultimately helped them to streamline various operations of the hostel. With the establishment of an online platform, there is no dependency on the old manual registers. Hostels can handle all the operations using a highly intuitive and user-friendly hostel management system. Using this online system, students can now apply for leave and see the leave status without personally visiting the warden. This system also helped wardens to accept or reject the leave applications of the students.