Sebata Municipal Solutions is the leading provider of integrated technology solutions, enterprise management solutions, and multi-disciplinary professional services to municipalities, the provincial government, public and private entities, and has been serving the industry from more than 40 years. The Sebata extends its services to more than 150 local government institutions, public utilities, and the private sector in the SADC region, with major centers in South Africa, Namibia, and Lesotho.
The client was looking for a digital document management solution to replace time-consuming manual processes. Hence, they approached us with the idea to develop a fully automated document management system that allows managing the entire municipal records.
Tech Consulting, Digital Transformation, SharePoint
While handing and managing the bunch of information manually, a client has encountered a manifold challenge, and some of them are listed below:
- For the client, manually maintaining each detail was a hassle and a time-consuming activity
- The customer had a difficulty in preserving accuracy in the data management process
- Due to the paperwork, the client was unable to access the information anytime, anywhere
- Tracking and updating the version of the information was creating confusion amongst the team
- Crucial information safety and security was the core concern of the client
- The client had a tough time handling a stack of paper and looking for a certain user's information
KCS specialists offered the following solution after studying the client's requirements:
- Convenience Management of records. Easy to use and intuitive. Allows easy data entry of detailed records
- Easy Storage -store information and check previous records whenever you want
- Safe and Secure -A compromise with your privacy is not an option
- Accessibility -available anytime, anywhere and is synced among all municipal departments
- Easily manageable. It helps to efficiently organize information within any given government system
- It has collaborative viewing, editing, and other operations can be done at the same time by different users
- The system maintains the versions smartly
- Users can view documents, approve them if necessary, using an electronic signature, or decline them and provide comments
- Has an intelligent linking mechanism that allows users to refer to complaints and its metadata. This eliminates the need to maintain multiple versions of the complaints
- File permissions are observed so only authorized users can make edits. Users can also see the details of an approved document such as version, when, the approver, and their respective roles
Intelligent Linking Mechanism
Our experts developed a powerful and highly intuitive web application using SharePoint that helped the client in streamlining the paperwork at the government municipal department. The manual system which was haphazard and took a lot of time was now replaced with an automated electronic document management system.
The EDMS helped the municipal corporation in streamlining the paperwork with zero or less human errors. Our paper management system helped in the management and storage of important documents. Along with this, document retrieval and versioning also became easy. As the new system was as per the government law and statuary hence no hindrance was caused due to the EDMS application. The EDMS web app enabled digital transformation and digital functioning of government document management practices.