The client is a Business Services & Shared Services provider focused on retail sectors. Their mandate is to provide end to end inventory management services in the field of inventory & operations to groups and others companies. Over a year business services vertical has built a strong presence in retail format & concepts.
For their retail business, the client was looking for an automated digital solution that would make the process of placing an order and delivering the goods as quickly as feasible. They approached us with the idea of developing automated supply chain management software for their company.
Retail / FMCG
Mobility, Digital Transformation, SAP S/4HANA –
The Intelligent ERP, SAHAYAK for SAP
The client came to us after recognising that they were encountering several challenges that were causing their business efficiency to deteriorate. The following are some of the client's specific challenges.
- Different outlet managers were struggling in placing the order and achieving their targets on time
- Lack of a proper system to record real-time information to understand the outlet performance
- The entire process right from taking the order to delivery was not streamlined and was painstaking as well as time-consuming
- Lack of proper system to monitor all the items ordered as per each product category
- Difficulties were faced in tracking the orders and the availability of the products in the warehouse
- There was a high need for an automated system to improve productivity by offering real-time remote access to the available products and placing an order on their mobile device while improving the process
- On the other hand, the warehouse coordinator was generating its own mountain of paperwork to manage the number of shipments coming into the warehouse and the orders going out
- The client faced a huge amount of operational complexity in the entire process
KCS's experts provided the following solution to a client after gathering all of the client's requirements and thoroughly analysing them:
- The App is primarily functional to facilitate the needs of the Outlet Manager’s Mobility so the client can operate activities anywhere and anytime
- The Supply Chain Management System meets the distinct demands of the outlets and helps the client to build Customer Relationships with up-to-date stock Management processes
- It reduces the redundancy in sales processes, ensures customer engagement and helps the outlet coordinator better manage the ordering process
- We enabled digital reporting with all the possible functions required by the outlet managers’ and warehouse coordinators
- With the mobile app, the outlet managers could easily place orders anytime anywhere while the warehouse coordinators could send the required items on the go
- The app gives real-time visibility of the inventory and orders as well as the available stock in the warehouse which reduced the manual process and errors
Purchase Order Entry (Online & Offline)
Report or Purchase Order Display
Reports based on Between Date & PO Number
Real-Time Reporting-Stocks / Order History
Sync Pending Order
Language Change Option
Logout / Auto Logout in the night-time
KCS’s developers initially highlighted the major area and requirement of the client, and by keeping them in a core, developers build a proactive platform for constant involvement of the warehouse coordinator with several retailers across the outlets in order to fulfil demands and provide them with assistance on better stock management in the outlets. Develop a mobile app allowing the outlet coordinator to place an order and then monitor all the items assigned as per each product category.
The bespoke strategy provided by us helped the client simplify their ordering process, improve operations as well as enhance productivity. Integrating the mobile app in SOAP/XML was a challenge for us. Using the SAP built-in converter functionality, we converted the current SOAP system into REST/JSON, which was a big challenge. The integration resulted in reducing unnecessary costs as well as increasing productivity and streamlining operations. The app made it easy for SAP authorized outlet managers to place and receive them as soon as possible. The client was able to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of their supply chain, thus accelerating their profits at optimal levels of customer satisfaction. The client experiences a great increase in perfect order placement, inventory accuracy up to 99.7%, and enhanced customer relationship along with increased profitability.