ECM Logistics Pvt. Ltd is a noted service provider for CEO’S Message transport logistics incepted in Mumbai, India. With nearly five decades of experience, the company has established a large and well-settled network across the country, enabling it to provide its customers with trouble-free services such as air and sea freight forwarding services, storage services, and customs clearance services.
As the client’s business expanded to various locations in India, the on-premise server started to face hardware and network challenges that resulted in downtime. The sudden increase in downtime made it threatening for the client to manage the expanded network. Therefore, they contacted KCS to migrate their on-premise server over the cloud.
Transportation & Logistics
Cloud, Amazon Web Services
- With hundreds of consignment orders to answer to, ECM Logistics Pvt. Ltd sought to have a server that could handle the workload so that the operations could be streamlined
- The on-premise server of the client bustled with gazillion operations every day. In such a scenario, more operations lead to frequent hardware failure, which further resulted in amplified downtime
- As the client business was operational from different locations, there were more cases of bug encroachment in the system
- Not only this, but the failure of the on-premise server at one location led to botches at different locations too
- The frequent network failures thus became the catalyst in increasing server downtime
- It was a challenge to maintain software, data, backups, storage and disaster recovery for the client as it had limited technical resources
- The client faced the biggest challenge where there was a need to implement any change in the server as the implementations used to take a longer duration due to the time required in completing the installation on servers and each computer and laptop
Why Amazon Web Services?
Facing terrific issues and malfunctions in networking and operations, the client approached Krish Compusoft Services aka KCS, an AWS Select Consulting Partner. KCS suggested the client move the on-premise server to the AWS cloud for operation streamlining and reducing downtime. KCS had evaluated the business condition of the client and was well aware that cloud migration is the only way out to serve the client in its various business needs right from hardware failure to network and bugs encroachment. The partner knew that cloud migration could help the client in reducing the capital expense which it was investing on the application server, databases, networking capacity, software licenses, storage, development stacks, etc. as the cloud provides the flexibility to reduce or improve the resources needed as the application scope scales up or down. As far as the problem of infrastructure setup was concerned setting up a new one is the task of a few mouse clicks when functional on the cloud. AWS provides a secure environment; hence this could save important data from hackers. High-end security can stop any kind of bug encroachment in the system. Cloud migration can also eradicate the chances of possible losses because of network failure. Apart from this, considering the multi-location operations of the client, migrating the server to the cloud could provide streamlined operations around the networks. Moving as per the partner’s suggestion, ECM Logistics moved forward to migrate the on-premise server to AWS, and the end results were really fascinating. Using Amazon EC2 the partner created virtual computing environments known as instances. Configuration of instance types of CPU, memory, storage and network capacity was also done. The partner also created an elastic IP address for the client for dynamic computing which allowed the partner to connect to its local computer. The partner used EBS volume as primary storage for data that requires frequent updates. The client experienced high-end security and only a few cases of hardware failure emerged. And, the best that happened was the client experienced increased uptime, which ultimately helped in faster business operations. Being into a business where promptness is the key to success, moving to AWS helped ECM Logistics Pvt. Ltd win trust and laurels from its customers.
High-end data security
- The business is running successfully its server on AWS and now is capable to meet workloads with streamlined processes
- The business can now access data anytime and anywhere via a web browser from any device
- AWS employs high-end security measures that provided a protected environment for the client’s server and kept the data under several layers of protection
- Server migration saved the system from unprecedented bug encroachment
- The business experienced high uptime after the migration that helped them in receiving supplementary orders
- The employees experienced good coordination working at different locations as the migration ensured that everyone is on the same page
- There was little to no downtime after the migration