The client is a leading investment banking group operating in South Africa. It provides local and on-the-ground investment banking services across the African continent.
The client’s nature of business needs to store a lot of data. And they were using a system but the previous system had a lot of glitches along with this, it was becoming difficult to store and process the data for valuable insights. Hence, they approached us with the idea to replace the legacy software while upgrading its infrastructure and changing reporting services.
Tech Consulting, Data Engineering & Analytics,
Digital Transformation, SharePoint
While operating the previous system, the client had confronted a set of challenges. And some of the critical challenges are as follow:
- The prior system lacked efficiency and automation, causing company operations to lag and productivity to suffer
- Due to the multiple data insertion processes, maintaining data accuracy without any human errors was turned into a challenge for the client
- The client was unable of extracting historic data or reports
- Due to the lack of functionalities, the client was unable to compute the process for the product owner
We developed an automatic reporting system for the client based on the requirement. Using technologies like SharePoint, SQL, and server-based reporting system SSRS, we provided these solutions to the client.
- The specialists at KCS developed a completely automated system, allowing the client to save as much time as possible
- The automated system assists the client in maintaining data accuracy
- The client can now retrieve historical or any periodic data without having to exert additional effort
- Now, a client is able to compute the process for the product owner
- The system enables a client in making better decisions based on information
Unified Method For Calculations
We automated the previously existing reporting system with SSRS. This helped the client in increasing the data accuracy which thus resulted in increased business outcomes with many folds. We used Microsoft SharePoint for seamless file and data sharing, and SQL for much efficiency in the process. Our on-site manager helped organize activities and evaluate client reports while ensuring that the back-end team was effective in generating and reviewing reports. This distribution model has helped the consumer by increasing speed while retaining high-quality standards.
- The reporting system developed with SSRS helped the client in maintaining high data accuracy
- The client could now use the original and previously ignored data for business purposes
- Analytic databases increased business efficiency
- The client is now heading towards automatic forecasting with SSRS technology