Torrent Power Limited is an India-based company engaged in electricity generation, distribution, and transmission. Currently, the company operates in the states like Maharashtra, Uttar Pradesh, and Gujarat. Torrent Power Limited is the sole distributor of electricity to customers in the cities like Ahmedabad, Agra, Bhiwandi, Gandhinagar, Kanpur, and Surat.
After successfully deploying the first of the kind utility app in the country, Torrent Power decided to upgrade its Android and iOS application. The client demanded that both apps should support multiple languages like Gujarati, Hindi, English, and Marathi. The client also asked to add an option called ‘Pay for Others’ wherein users can pay for electricity for their family and friends. Torrent Power also needed an option called ‘book video call appointment’ in its Android and iOS application
Power & Utility
Mobility, Digital Transformation
Following are some biggest challenges faced by the client and their users:
- The absence of multi-language functionality had made it difficult for the user to operate the app
- The client had to spend their maximum time calculating bills as per the total number of powers consummation manually
- Lacking promotional activities deaccenting the business growth
- Users were unable to pay bills on behalf of their friends and family
- Booking a video call appointment was a challenge for the users
- The outdated system was become a time-consuming solution for their business processes and continuously affecting business productivity
A team of highly trained professionals conducted a thorough brainstorming session in order to address all the requirements of Torrent Power Limited. KCS offered the below-listed solution to the company:
- Users are now able to access the application in multiple languages like Marathi, English, Hindi, and Gujarati
- Using the Book Video Call Appointment option, users can book an appointment with Torrent Power’s executives and talk to them regarding their issues
- The Pay for Other feature in the application will help users to pay the electricity bill for their family and friends
- The company can now prompt users with various promotional activities at the dashboard of the mobile app
- The company is currently adding various textual as well as audio-visual tutorials and electricity safety tips for users
Book video call appointment
Pay for Other
While updating both of these apps, we ensured that the overall performance is not tempered. In our solution, we also added textual as well as video tutorials that will guide users in navigating the application. Users can also post written complaints using the Power-related query feature in the complaint section.
Our solutions to upgrade Torrent Power Limited’s Android and iOS applications created a lot of positive impacts on its business. Users who have interacted with the latest version of the app have shared positive reviews making it a Top Consumer Rated App.