Category: Tech Consulting, Cloud, Data Engineering & Analytics, AI & Automation, Digital Transformation
Green Buildings for a Sustainable Future of Planet Earth
As per UNEP (United Nations Environment Program), carbon emissions from buildings constituted 38% of all carbon emissions in 2019, and carbon dioxide emissions need to be cut to half by 2030 for net-zero carbon building stock by 2050. In this regard, to further the cause of green buildings, the concept of zero energy buildings is gaining popularity. In zero energy buildings, the exact amount of energy that is consumed by the building is produced by it during a year. At present, there are only a small number of net-zero energy buildings, however, with advancements in construction technology, and progress made in renewable energy systems and other allied technologies, building net-zero energy buildings is becoming easier with each passing day.
Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) Certification
LEED certification is essential to design, construct, and maintain green buildings, and buildings designed with the LEED criteria become energy efficient and use minimal resources. The LEED certification system consists of a few rating systems that are concerned with the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of the various type of buildings, and for each parameter, the building earns certain points. Based on the point system the buildings receive, certification is divided into the following categories:
- Certified- 40-49 points
- Silver- 50-59 points
- Gold- 60-79 points
- Platinum- 80-100 points
In addition, LEED rating systems are classified into five categories according to which documentation and organization of processes are implemented. These categories are as follows:
- Building Design and Construction
- Interior Design and Construction
- Building Operations and Maintenance
- Neighborhood Development
Benefits of Green building
- Green buildings promote sustainability and conservation of natural resources, leading to positive environmental impact.
- Green buildings reduce the overall carbon footprint of buildings as the emissions of carbon dioxide are cut by switching to cleaner fuels, and the use of renewables.
- Natural light and ventilation are ample in green buildings, leading to better health and productivity of the occupants.
- There is a significant reduction in the utility bills of the green building occupants by helping to save a substantial amount of energy and water consumption.
- Green buildings result in better indoor air quality which translates into lower concentrations of carbon dioxide and other pollutants.
Green Buildings Market and Trends Influencing This Sector
As per leading market research companies, the market of green buildings was nearly 250 billion dollars in 2020. As per the Reports and Data market research company, the green building market is poised to expand at the CAGR of about 13% during the time of 2021-2026. Ecofriendly infrastructure is popular for reducing the carbon footprint of residential and commercial buildings and covers the entire lifecycle of the green buildings in the form of site selection, design, construction, operation, and maintenance of such buildings.
KCS Value Proposition in Green Buildings
Collaboration between KCS and our partners to provide integrated solutions for end clients, spanning from design to technology to audit support.
- Tie up with various SMEs to strengthen the Green Building team at KCS
- Utilization of Data Engineers
- Inclusion of Industry 4.0 experts
- Product Engineers
KCS possesses in-house capabilities to cater to the growing demand for green buildings and the major competencies of KCS are as follows:
- Remote Monitoring
- BI, Data Analytics
- AI/ML-enabled solutions
- Cloud Technologies
- Advanced Solutions
KCS has a rich experience in providing solutions such as:
- Remote Monitoring
- Asset Performance Monitoring
- Advisory/Audit Support
- Applying Right Strategy
KCS has two decades of experience in implementing the right strategy for the right project to get the desired results. KCS follows the Agile Methodology in delivering tech projects and a detailed methodology is prepared and followed with reference to specific projects.
March 15, 2022
November 29, 2021
November 12, 2021
How Utilities are Adapting to the ‘New Normal’ Post Pandemic in the Realm of Customer Experience (CX)
February 02, 2022
November 15, 2021
October 26, 2021