Delivering microsoft practises, choosing IaaS @ KCS
It’s a known fact that the Cloud Computing Services provides options for approach, sourcing, and control. It delivers a well-defined set of services, which are perceived by the customers to have infinite capacity, continuous availability, increased agility, and improved cost efficiency. With the KCS Microsoft Azure services, one can easily expect the shift from a traditional server-centric approach to a service-centric approach. Our clients are easily able to receive applications on pre-determined standardized platforms with mutually agreed service levels. Our Cloud Computing Solutions let you focus on conceiving and conceptualizing your technological deliveries to a business advantage rather than building, maintaining, and upgrading your own infrastructure. We provide you the perfect development plan and a deployment strategy to ensure you get the benefit of working in the new environment.
IaaS Services by KCS
Our IaaS services is a combined stack of a pool of computing, storage, and connectivity capabilities that are delivered as services for a usage-based (metered) cost. Our goal is to provide a flexible, standard, and virtualized operating environment that can become a foundation for SaaS. Usually seen as a standardized virtual server, we provide more choices for configuration and operations of the guest Operating System (OS), software, and Database (DB). Compute capabilities such as performance, bandwidth, and storage access are also standardized. The Deployment model by KCS can easily be defined as Partner Hosted Private Cloud with a customized architectural design and a higher degree of customization. It blends the benefits of using predefined functional architecture, lower deployment risk with the benefits of internal security and control.
IaaS features @ KCS:
- Multi-tenant architecture development
- Virtual Machine Management
- Customizable /Programmable User Interface
- Unlimited Database Customizations
- Robust Workflow engine/capabilities
- Permissions based model for security/sharing
- Flexible “services-enabled” integration model
The IaaS Service scenarios @ KCS include:
- Website/ Web application hosting: Running websites/ web applications using is less expensive than traditional hosting.
- Test and development: The flexibility for Scaling up and down the development –test environments as well as quickly set up and dismantle at the same time.
- Storage, backup and recovery: Easy storage management - that eliminates the skilled staff to manage data and meet legal and compliance requirements.
- Can handle unpredictable demand and growing storage needs, help to simplify planning and management of data backup and data recovery systems.
- High-performance computing: High-performance computing (HPC), computer clusters to help solve complex problems involving millions of variables or calculations.
- Big data analysis: Economically and intelligent mining of data sets to locate out hidden data patterns that require a huge amount of processing power.
The Advantages of IaaS Services by KCS
- Reduces ongoing cost. No upfront expense of setting up and managing an on-site datacenter
- Improves business continuity and disaster recovery. Easy access to applications and data as usual during a disaster or outage.
- Innovate rapidly. Computing infrastructure can be ready in minutes or hours, rather than the days or weeks—and sometimes months
- Flexibility as per shifting business conditions. Scale up to accommodate a demand and scale it down when low in demand & save money.
- Focus on your core business. Focus on your organization’s core business rather than managing the IT infrastructure.
- Increase stability, reliability and supportability. We provide and assures you the best infrastructure that is reliable and meets all SLAs.
- Better security. We provide the right security for your applications and data that is better than what you can attain in-house.
- Gets new applications to users faster. One can get to the users faster with a very less time to market.
March 30, 2022
November 04, 2021
August 15, 2021
How Utilities are Adapting to the ‘New Normal’ Post Pandemic in the Realm of Customer Experience (CX)
February 02, 2022
November 15, 2021
October 26, 2021